Friday 1 November 2013

Tribute to my husband

Thurs 31/10/13

Farewell Melbourne & Victoria! We have shared a wonderful relationship over the past three months. But, the adventure is over & it's back home to beautiful Newcastle, New South Wales, an eleven hour trip of just over 1,000km.
I want to take this opportunity to acknowledge my amazingly supportive husband. I had done some classes at Savour earlier in the year after Hamilton TAFE's patisserie course was cut. I happened to find out that Savour offered a VIP membership that could be done full-time over three months or part-time over six months. I'm a mum of three boys & have a part time job in the pathology field, so there was no way I would ever conceive of packing up & abandoning my family for three months. You mums would know what I mean. You just don't leave your family to do something for you. Not to mention being on my own in unfamiliar territory. It was Glenn, my husband, that pushed & pushed at me to give it a go. I actually relented just to stop the whingeing!
So, my darling husband, thank you, thank you, thank you for that huge push. It has been a truly memorable experience & it certainly wouldn't have been possible if you hadn't been happy to take on the role of both mum & dad to our boys. Your continued support & love mean so much. xxx
PS now I just have to get used to living with you again!








No comments:

Post a Comment