Wednesday 31 July 2013

Arrive in Melbourne

Tuesday 30/7/13

Saying goodbye to my gorgeous boys was hard. That bit hadn't occurred to me when I decided on this grand plan. I'll miss them. That feeling probably won't be mutual though!
We arrived safely in Melbourne approx. 7.30pm. You could notice the drop in temperature from Goulburn on. Some beautiful scenery along the way, & the lushness of some areas suggests decent rainfall. While it was a long drive, it turned out to be a practical idea, as I came with 3 suitcases of "stuff". And since we were coming by car, with plenty of room, I added more "stuff". There was no way I would have been able to cull it to 1 suitcase to go on a plane.
The apartment is rather new, & is 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom, so I have my own areas. My flatmate is Crystal, who is a lawyer at the Children's court. Impressive, eh? Our unit faces Brunswick Rd & you get a view of the city.
Fortunately, the unit feels pretty warm. I was dreading how cold it would be. All in all, looks pretty comfy. Anyway, it's home for the next 3 months.

 
The photo shows the view from our lounge room window. Absolutely beautiful. Welcome to Melbourne.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment