Wednesday 24 July 2013

T minus 1 week

Wed 24/8/13

Well, the countdown is on....
Less than a week before I leave for Melbourne. I've paid my money & booked into my classes so there' s no turning back now!
I've managed to get into every class I wanted except the 3 day chocolates & pralines level 1 class, which was full. I have been told, however, that I may be able to watch & that I can have the notes for that class. I did book into a 2 day chocolates & pralines 1 class, so I'm satisfied with that. I did write up a timetable so you could all see what classes were coming up, but I can't upload a document, only photos by the looks of it. 
Basically, I'm doing every class at least once, which is what I'm allowed to do. If I wish to do a class again, I go on a waiting list & find out the day before the class if I get to do it again. 
Classes I'm doing include macarons, entremets, verrines, tarts, choux pastry & croquembouche, plated desserts, chocolates including fillings & decorative effects & petit gateaux. All without putting on weight since I have my brother's wedding at the end of August! 
I'm a bit worried about how cold it's going to be. But it's a perfect time of year to be doing this membership, since the products won't suffer from heat stress. It'll be me suffering from cold stress, however!
On my bucket list for Melbourne is the following:
a few visits to Burch & Purchese
AFL games
catching up with my friend Lesa
exploring The Great Ocean Road
the skydeck
the state library
finding little coffee shops in out of the way places
immersing myself in the culture
etc
Sooo excited.



No comments:

Post a Comment