Tuesday 13 August 2013

Catching up with friends

Monday 12/8/13

I have just spent a long weekend with my friend, Lesa, & her lovely family. Lesa & I share a few decades of history, having attended Toronto High School together for 4 years. Lesa was also my chief bridesmaid when Glenn & I married in 1988. She is godparent to Brendan & I am godparent to her second daughter, Georgina. And we've managed to maintain this friendship through living in different countries & up until the last decade, much closer with only a state border between us. Even though it's basically only been through a Christmas letter, on her part.
Lesa met & later married a gorgeous pommy bloke while she was working in England for Hilton International. They later moved to Melbourne, as that wasn't quite as seasonally warm as NSW or Qld. And so we are only separated by states now, rather than on different sides of the world.
What I love about Lesa is, no matter how long we are apart, when we get together, that time just disappears, & we just fall comfortably back into friendship.

Photo: Lesa, Georgina & David. Molly is absent from photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment