Sunday 4 August 2013

Macarons

Sun 4/8/13

Well todays class was something I know... macarons.
You all know I've done macarons numerous times, but honestly, I stress out each time, wondering if they'll work. Thought I may be able to discover some trick I haven't tried yet, but I think it all comes down to the consistency of the macaronage (batter). The flavours we made today were caramel praline, pistachio, blackcurrant, kalamansi (a tart fruit like grapefruit), chocolate, gianduja (milk chocolate & hazelnut), & just for "fun" we made a cheeseburger macaron. When I say we made a cheeseburger macaron, I mean in terms of appearance, not flavour.

 
It had a chocolate ganache patty, the cheese slice was white chocolate, coloured yellow, & tomato sauce was represented by strawberry jam. It looks cute, but flavour wise, it's not my favourite.
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment